Sunday 30 May 2010

Saturday afternoon... Day 4

I am sitting in my room, chewing on a Life-saver gummy (yum) after being at the beach this morning, a quick lunch and then a lounge by the pool in the afternoon. We have been recommended to make the most of this time to relax before everything gets “super” hectic. I’m not quite sure where to start! Well on Thursday afternoon everyone (apart from the leaders that were already there) arrived and we got put in our rooms, I am actually still in the same room I stayed in initially with Eleanor, my room leader is called Elizabeth Burns (eb for short... ee-bee that is) and my two roommates are Rachel and Marissa. The structure of the programme is as follows: There are three girls in a room (most rooms have two double beds, I am sharing with Eb and Marissa and Rachel are together) and a room leader, and then I think about 6 rooms are split into teams – we are “New Kids on the Block” and there are three others! Eleanor is in New Kids too so we can do something Scottish when it is our turn to organize a social!
On Friday everyone went to find out what jobs they were assigned to and find out when their interview and/or training was, my roommates are going to work at KFC. With no work VISA I am still wondering what I will be doing, Eleanor is looking into using her degree in Occupational Therapy to work in a care home if possible and as for me there are a few ideas floating around at the present like helping out with a church or, more probably, babysitting the staff workers kids so that they can have more time to minister to the students here and get work done.
Last night the staff organized the Friday night social, we went to see Shrek 4! Before that we had to dress up our room leaders as a fairy tale creature, so we turned Eb into Shrek! (pictures on facebook at somepoint hopefully!) There was like loads of characters from Little Red Riding Hood, Peter Pan and Shrek and the three finalists were another Shrek, Darla (finding Nemo) and Pinocchio – Pinocchio won. Good times, still a lot of questions up in the air but enjoying myself up till now!
From SC, over and out!

***
Sun pm (from mcdonalds! long live free wi-fi) - Update: I will probably be helping out with the Project media - pictures and blog posts so that is quite exciting.. things are falling into place! :O) xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment